02 March 2011

happy birthday, dr. seuss!



seuss

•••


you'll get mixed up of course,
as you already know.
you'll get mixed up 
with many strange birds as you go.
so be sure when you step.
step with care and great tact
and remember that life's
a great balancing act.
just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
and never mix up your right foot with your left.

- oh, the places you'll go

•••

come on! open your mouth and sound off at the sky!
shout loud at the top of your voice, "I AM I!
ME!
I am I!
and i may not know why
bit i know that i like it.
three cheers! I AM I!"

- happy birthday to you!

•••

the more that you read,
the more things you will know.
the more that you learn,
the more places you'll go.

- i can read with my eyes shut!

•••

it's a troublesome world.
all the people who're in it
are troubled with troubles
almost every minute.

just tell yourself, duckie,
you're really quite lucky!
some people are much more...
oh, ever so much more...
oh, muchly much-much more
unlucky than you!

- did i ever tell you how lucky you are?

•••

i meant what i said
and i said what i meant...
an elephant's faithful
one hundred per cent!

- horton hatches the egg

•••







No comments:

Post a Comment