15 December 2010

makes my heart smile {baking with my boys}



if you live to be a hundred, i want to live to be a hundred minus one day so i never have to live without you.
-a. a. milne

•••




boys + cookies

•••

it is no secret that cooking and eating are two of the most favoured activities in my home.  as of late, we've had many rainy weekend days in the napa valley, and these rainy days are always filled with endless hours of baking, cooking and noshing.  two sundays ago, what started out as my cookie craving, turned into a total family activity...and i couldn't have been happier.  my boys were so deliciously adorable as they worked together to unwrap the hershey's kisses and roll the dough into balls.  as my son says, my heart was smiling as i watched how similar father and and son were in their technique and manner, both with that slight lip bite as they ever so carefully placed each chocolate kiss atop the hot cookies.  later that day as we three sat by the fire nibbling on our peanut butter blossoms, i thought to myself that i had never tasted such a delicious cookie...and my heart was smiling.  


No comments:

Post a Comment